Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter & Lefty Lucy

Happy Easter to all of you who are celebrating today.

This is a painting I did a while ago that I decided fit the holiday spirit. I hope this Easter, although it is rather unusual for most of us, brings us the hope, faith, and joy were are needing right now.


Somehow I missed posting about sketching Lefty Lucy this week. Lefty Lucy is a showgirl in New Orleans and though Costumed in Quarantine she has been posing several nights a week for artists. She wears a different costume for each session and it has been an enjoyable experience. The two times I joined in the sessions were on Facebook, but due to problems I think she is switching to Zoom this coming week. I missed the quicker poses but was able to get sketches done for a good part of the session.
Although the modeling session is free, she does say that tips are greatly appreciated, and like any other business person right now she needs to make a bit of money, so I don't mind tipping at all.




5 comments:

  1. Happy EAster Joan. All of your pieces are super but I like the last Lefty Lucy with the cat best - charming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. The cat wasn't a good model. He kept changing positions. lol

      Delete
  2. Joan hope you are doing well...your Lefty Lucy sketches are amazing. Like Mellowwood Gallery I think the one with the cat is my favorite. Love your cheerful bouquet of flowers - they tell me spring is here! Yes we need hope, joy and faith - it will keep us steady on the course. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, we need to be steady on the course. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. Pretty flowers and fun sketches. Well done.
    We had a good Easter. Did nothing as is usual now.

    ReplyDelete