Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Virtual Sketch from Venice

It was a rainy day so I stayed inside and joined #VirtalSketch to do some sketching along the canals in Venice. Last year at this time I was actually there for the entire month of April. I guess this will have to do. I ended up at Squero San Trovaso, the gondola boatyard along the Rio San Troveso. This was done with a brush pen and watercolors.


I also took part in Sketchbook Revival this month. One of the lessons involved creating Layered Pages. Some people used their pages inside books, but I decided I would use them for covers for a sketchbook (which I will have to work on). Thanks to Kellee Wyneee Conrad for the lessons! Here are the outside and inside covers I made using gesso, acrylic paint, stencils, and collage.






5 comments:

  1. A lovely sketch Joan and I am sure your virtual trip brought back many memories. I like you mixed media pieces - they will make a great cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. I have so many, many memories of Venice from all our trips.

      Delete
  2. Joan I can imagine as you did this sketch you were able to pull out lovely memories of a year ago. Like your colorful pages too. Looks like you are keeping that creative spark going - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying my best to keep creative...and do some cleaning too. lol

      Delete
  3. Beautiful sketchbook covers. I like the sketch and the memories. Applause for cleaning, too!

    ReplyDelete