Sunday, April 26, 2020

Gdansk, Poland Virtual Sketch

Yesterday #VirtualSketch had Gdansk, Poland as their destination for a virtual event. I didn't get a chance to sketch it yesterday but since I am half Polish I figured I had better do some view of it today. There were quite a few links given and when I got to an area called Long Market on Google Street View I kept walking until I could get a good view of this tall building and the market in front of it.



Here are a few of the sketches that the other artists did of me at the Portrait Party yesterday.


Sketch done by Chintana Sang-urai..

Sketch done by Lois Bender.
Sketch by Bill Soltis
Sketch by Ellyn Rabinowitz.
Sketch by Sandy Ostertag

Sketch by Benedict Caniell.







7 comments:

  1. (I thought I had commented, so sorry if this is a duplicate) I’m enjoying traveling around the world with you. This is so lively and beautiful with the market/festival. I like seeing the versions of you as well. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. It helps to have a location to travel to...and I always hated packing so this is easy. :)

      Delete
  2. Fun! So nice to see styles variety of you in their sketches. Lively market scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to see each person's interpretation of me...some are pretty close. I couldn't find all of them. The market sketch was fun to do. I should have counted the people. lol

      Delete
  3. A super sketch of the market Joan but I had to chuckle as my first thought was that they weren't social distancing - lol. I like the portrait pieces too although there are only a few that I think look like you. I continue to think that portrait work has to be the hardest type of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. Sometimes it is funny that we look at a group of people and our first thought is social distancing. Portraits are really hard. It would never be something I would really focus on, but it is fun once in a while.

      Delete
  4. Loved the trip to Poland, Joan! Haven't seen that many people out & about in a while:( And the Portrait Party sounds like fun - nice sketches!

    ReplyDelete