Monday, April 13, 2020

Fish Market, Hong Kong

Sketching virtually is allowing me to visit places that are not really on my bucket list, but have some interesting areas. Hong Kong is one of those places. A lot of people are attracted to the busy downtown area with all the skyscrapers, but being from NY that isn't something that really attracts me because the ones in NYC can't be beat. So I googled sites to see in Hong Kong and found Tai O Fishing Village. The photos showed some interesting houses built on stilts and pilings along the river, but I couldn't find a way to access that on googlemaps.com. Instead I found a fish market in the area. I do believe that those buckets all contain water with live fish. It was a fun scene with a bit of everything. lol #VirtualSketch


5 comments:

  1. Fun and excellent drawing. You know I love red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That can always draw me into a sketch. Thanks, Jo!

      Delete
  2. A slice of life in Hong Kong:) Great sketch, Joan! Love how you've bounced that red around the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....Joan. I really love this and my new favorite.....a few years back I painted a scene from Chinatown and it was always a favorite of mine. I think like your painting the colors are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete