Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Cherry Blossoms

In addition to weekend sketch events the NYC Urban sketchers has come up with a weekly theme. For this week it is cherry blossoms. I have to admit that I don't know one pink blooming tree from another, although I do recognize magnolia trees. I did check on the internet for some hints but that wasn't too helpful. This pink tree, which may be a cherry blossom tree, is right around the corner from me. I used to walk that route every morning. To do this small painting I sat in my mobile studio one house away. I did expect someone to come over and ask what I was doing, but I guess they kept their social distance.


6 comments:

  1. Joan your cherry blossom tree is so lovely...my peach tree is full of pink blossoms today...some things just keep happening in spite of the world's lock down. To me it shows God is near and He has not forgotten His children. Hugs friend! Keep painting and posting - just love seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you so much. I agree. He has not forgotten.

      Delete
  2. Whatever the tree, you've painted it beautifully, Joan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely. Brightens my day!

    ReplyDelete