Thursday, April 30, 2020

Downtown Sayville

I needed to escape outside for a while today, but it wasn't a nice day. It was overcast and very windy. I headed into Sayville figuring that it would be a good time to be able to park in town without a lot of traffic blocking my view. I used a pen I bought recently when AC Moore was going out of business. It says Premier on it and it is a brown color. I don't know if it bleeds on other paper but on the paper I was using it wasn't waterproof. I didn't mind the effect when I added the watercolors but I needed to go back in with permanent ink.


6 comments:

  1. Love the effects with your new pen, Joan! But then, of course, it is in your talented hand:) Great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind! Thank you!! I was surprised that it wasn't permanent. I thought I had use it before.

      Delete
  2. I can see a few spots where the bleed is detrimental but overall this is super. Nice work Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, I like the way it looks. I just had to adjust to a slightly different color in the sky. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I like this one. Great sketching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would keep using this because it has wonderful edges. You never know where it may lead in developing a unique sketching style by mixing it with the permanent line. ???

    ReplyDelete