Monday, December 11, 2023

Usk Sketchmas Days 6 & 7

 It seems I'm behind a bit on posting my Usk Sketchmas sketches so I am showing two today.

The day 6 prompt was "wild animal." I hadn't visited the Holtsville Wildlife and Ecology Center in a while so I headed over there. I've been sketching a lot from my mobile studio but I had to actually walk in to see the animals at the Ecology Center. I debated if I should sketch the bear, but he was so far away and so dark that he would have just appeared as a dark blob. The peacock was colorful although he didn't do a fancy spread of his feathers.

The day 7 prompt was "shop front." I was cold and although I had a lot of options for store fronts I needed a location that I could park in front of. Mini Monet is an art studio and gift shop in Sayville. They offer classes for adults as well as children and have an open studio for ceramics and wood cutouts. I lucked out and got a parking space across the street and even luckier, no cars came and parked to block my view.


This weekend was also my plein air group's exhibit and sale. It went well. I sold a few paintings, one of my books, and a lot of cards. It is nice to know my work will be treasured somewhere else other than piled in my spare room. lol Here are a few photos from our day.

In addition to the wall paintings I had small works, cards, books, and ornaments for sale. Most of us brought along smaller items or unframed paintings because that is what mostly sells.

The two center paintings in the white frames are mine.


The top painting, "Abundance" sold off the wall.



No comments:

Post a Comment