Friday, December 8, 2023

USK Sketchmas Day 3

 The day 3 prompt for Usk Sketchmas was "musical instrument." We do have a keyboard in the house but it isn't the easiest thing to get to. This prompt fell on a weekend day so I checked the internet to see if there were any local musical programs for the holidays that I could go to. There was a chorus but I wasn't sure if there would be an actual instrument that I could see easily and sketch. Then I saw a listing that the Bayport-Bluepoint Library was having a classical guitar program...yes! Guitarist, Peter Fletcher performed and I sketched him the entire time...well I finished a few minutes before the performance ended.


When his program was over a woman came over to talk to me and see what I had sketched. She could tell I was sketching from where she was sitting. She loved it and asked me if I could bring it over and show it to her mom who was in a wheelchair on the other side of the room. They thought it was so great that I was sketching the performance. Before I left I showed it to the musician. He was impressed that I did the guitar so well. It is nice to have my work appreciated.


3 comments:

  1. Joan what a wonderful way to paint and sketch while enjoying a live performance. Great job too. Your work certainly does need appreciated. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks so much for your kind words. I enjoyed sketching and listening to the music. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. This is super. I have a hard time sketching at music events. I get sidetracked I think. I like listening to music when I sketch or paint. Wonder what the difference is in my head!

    ReplyDelete