Friday, December 22, 2023

Usk Sketchmas Day 21 - Busker & Mini Printmaking

 This prompt for Usk Sketchmas gave me a problem. We don't have buskers anywhere near here. You can find them in Manhattan, but I wasn't going to travel  1 1/2 hrs to sketch one. I had to resort to working from a photo for this sketch as much as it bothered me not to be working from life this time. Anyway, this young man was playing the xylophone on the street in Riga, Latvia when I was there for my nephew's wedding in 2018 and I snapped his picture. It came in handy.


The Patchogue Sketch Club met on Wednesday night but we didn't sketch. The Patchogue Arts Council had arranged for a workshop @Festive Mini Prints With Artist Andrea Cote which we attended instead. We had fun.

Laurie, Mareille, Cindy and I were making stencils to use on our prints.

Kaityln was working and Mike was looking on.

Maureen was at the press.

My prints and ghost prints.


1 comment:

  1. The printings look like fun. Your xylophone player is super.

    ReplyDelete