Saturday, December 9, 2023

Usk Sketchmas Day 4

"Seasonal Food" was the prompt for the Usk Sketchmas Day 4. When I think of the holidays I think of all the cookies I used to bake. I always started immediately after Thanksgiving and baked several batches each night. Before Christmas vacation I packed up most of them to give to friends in the school I worked in. It was a big thing when I started passing out cookie tins. One of my good friends and her husband were in Peru adopting their son and had to spend several weeks there thru Christmas. I saved her cookies in my freezer and they enjoyed them when the came home. Now that I'm retired I only bake maybe 3 kinds and I only do a half batch of each. 

For this sketch I headed to Pat's Marketplace in East Islip. I knew they had a bakery area and always had trays of cookies prepared.



6 comments:

  1. When I was in high school and college, I baked so many different kinds of cookies and gave a bunch away, just like you did! Eventually when I started working I slowed way down. Now I never bake! Too busy sketching instead. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to find a day where I can bake at least a few. lol

      Delete
  2. This is fresh and pretty. Love that kind of cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything here is spot on! Love that special yellow sale tag!

    ReplyDelete