Thursday, December 21, 2023

Usk Sketchmas Day 20 - Bakery

 The prompt for day 20 was "bakery" and I went to La Roma Pastry Shop in Oakdale. I heard about the bakery through friends but had never stopped there before. I got a cappuccino and biscotti to enjoy while I was sketching and sat down at a table. The biscotti were delicious and the bakery was festively decorated, active with people coming in, and a pleasure to be in. I was there for quite a while before one of the workers came over to see what I was sketching. Then everyone took a look. The owners and the staff were so nice and just loved that I took the time to come in and sketch their bakery. I will definitely be going back.



5 comments:

  1. Great details you captured! With all the time I spend in our neighborhood bakery, I still haven't sketched its interior! Too busy eating, I guess! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned I need to sip slowly and take one bite at a time with breaks between the bites. lol

      Delete
  2. Hey Joan this looks like a perfect place to sketch...bet it smelled wonderful too. Take care and have a lovely Christmas season. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Debbie. It was so festive looking and smelled wonderful. I wanted to try everything.

      Delete
  3. How nice to be so welcomed. Lovely sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete