Friday, December 15, 2023

Usk Sketchmas Day 14

 The prompt for yesterday's Sketchmas was "tall building" and I had timed it perfectly with my trip into NYC. I was meeting friends for dinner and a Broadway show (Neil Diamond's, It's a Beautiful Noise) so I planned my day so that I could go to Bryant Park before meeting up with them. I sat near the skating rink and painted the view in front of me.


I didn't get to see the tree in Rockefeller Center since it meant walking another 6 city blocks and I had already walked from Penn Station (32 St) to the park on 42 St...and I would still have to walk back later.
There is a Christmas tree in Bryant Park but it pales in comparison to the one in Rockefeller Center.
Here are a few photos of my day in Bryant Park.

The view across the skating rink.

A line in front of the Stroopwaffle booth.


The yummy fresh stroopwaffles dipped in chocolate and covered with toppings. Yes, I did indulge and thought about having them in Amsterdam when I was there.

Bell decorations on the tree.






3 comments:

  1. It's so nice that you enjoyed your day in the city with a little bit of sweets and sketch. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so good and timely. Thanks for taking me to New York!

    ReplyDelete