Friday, December 1, 2023

Long Island Aquarium - Part 1

I found out recently that the Long Island Aquarium in Riverhead allows free entry up to 7 days before or 7 days after your birthday. Since it was my birthday yesterday, I planned a trip to the Aquarium on Tuesday. I brought along my iPad and planned to do at least one digital sketch. I sat myself down in front of the octopus tank. For the most part he/she was friendly when I was by myself, but as soon as there was noise (little kids) he/she hid behind the structure in the tank. The octopus NEVER stopped moving...and that is 8 legs of movement! I'm glad I was working on the iPad because if it was a regular sketch I would have been erasing like crazy.

I also sat in front of the coral reef tank. Luckily the coral stays fairly still...but the fish keep moving. This was fun to do because it was so colorful. I spent a lot of time on this sketch and tried using several layers.


Don't worry. I didn't abandon my traditional sketching on paper. I'll post that sketch tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, you're really getting good at digital sketching! I know you don't do it that often, so it's impressive! I keep saying I want to take a class to learn how, but then I go right back to my pencils and now paints. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When we were in Venice I watched a few videos in the evening on how to use Procreate. I've been trying to use it once in a while so I don't forget what I have to do. lol It will never replace my regular materials.

      Delete
  2. These are full of life and fun. You are capturing a lot in the digis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Like you I need to keep practicing with the digital programs. I forget very easily.

      Delete