Saturday, December 23, 2023

Usk Sketchmas Day 22 - Glowing Street Lights

 Glowing street lights can easily be found at this time of year for the day 22 prompt. I grabbed my Stillman & Birn Nova Trio to get a black page to work on. When it got dark I rushed into town to sketch the lights there but in my rush I didn't check my battery operated light that I was planning to use. Of course the batteries were dead! I had to use my interior lights and sketch while my car was still running which I don't really like to do. I used gouache, watercolors, and a white gel pen to sketch the scene. I should have brought along a white colored pencil but forgot so I added a little bit of it when I got home. I don't do nocturnal sketching very often. 



2 comments:

  1. Ahh, like this. Haven't seen many nocturnals. Great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I lose my ambition to sketch if I have to leave the house after dark.

      Delete