Thursday, October 27, 2022

Inktober 2022 - Day 27 - Unicorn Scarecrow & Autumn Colors

 One of the fun things about Bellport in October is that they decorate Main Street with all sorts of scarecrows for Halloween. Then the public votes on them. Somehow I haven't been in the town yet this year to see and sketch the scarecrows. Usually I sketch a few of them. So today since I was in the town anyway to go to the frame shop, I stopped to sketch the unicorn scarecrow for Inktober. This one is named Hairy Unicorn. I was going to take this photo of it in black and white and then add color (since she was so cute in pink) but it was so windy I couldn't sit there any longer.


When I finished I sat in my car looking out at autumn's colors and painted this.




7 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks like the autumn colors are at its best! Well done..and the Hairy Unicorn, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting for big areas of color and I haven't really seen that yet. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Wow, great color! You're right -- we were having a similar weather day! Not easy for sketching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. Gotta hold onto my sketchbook...and my hair. lol

      Delete
  3. You are so much more dedicated than I am. Wow. Fun scarecrow and beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute scarecrow. Great fall colors in your sketch of autumn's glory.

    ReplyDelete