Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Inktober 2022 - Day 25 - Frank Meliville Park

 Today my plein air group met at Frank Melville Park in East Setauket. We were hoping for a lot of autumn colors but the colors weren't at peak yet. I did a view of the bridge with the foliage behind it. I was concerned that it would start raining, so I did a 5 x 7 sized painting.


There are/were a few wonderful old trees in the park. I was planning on sketching the biggest of them which had such wonderful branches and a lot of names carved into it, but was disappointed to see that it was gone. This one which is about half the size isn't quite so impressive. It looks like a section of it is now missing. I guess these trees were affected by the storms we've had the last few years. I hadn't looked for them the last time I was there. For Inktober I used my Elegant Writer pen, my Lamy with Noodler's brown ink, and a Lamy with permanent black ink.



3 comments:

  1. These are both gorgeous. The color starting and then the tree with carvings. Nice you got some history there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I like when the trees start changing colors. It makes the landscape really interesting.

      Delete
  2. Joan your painting is beautiful and you do such a wonderful job sketching trees.

    ReplyDelete