Sunday, October 30, 2022

Inktober 2022 - Day 30 - Along the Tracks & Times Square

 Today one of my art groups was having a closing reception for our show that has been in a gallery in Cutchogue. So since I was out on the North Fork I looked for an Inktober subject. This building was along the Mattituck train tracks. It was unusual. None of the doors or windows lined up. Each ended on a slightly different level.


Here is the updated version of my Times Square sketch. I added more color, more details, and did some shading with a grey Tombow ink marker as Ian Fennelly suggested.


Here is the version before the additional work if you want to compare them.







2 comments:

  1. Love the wonky windows. Odd. The NY sketch is amazing. I’m smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Now I just have to incorporate what Ian taught us into my style of sketching.

      Delete