Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Inktober 2022 - Days 18 & 19

My Day 18 sketch was done by the Bayport dock. I used my Lamy pen that is filled with Noodler's brown ink which is water-soluble.


 Today's Day 19 Inktober sketch was done in Port Jefferson (Port Jeff to the locals) on East Main Street.

While I was in town I sat in my car up along Spring Street, one of the steep streets that look back to the town and toward the First United Methodist Church. This 4 x 6 postcard and the Inktober sketch will be part of my postcard collection going to the troops. I am debating if I should add color to the Inktober sketch from today and yesterday before I send them out. What do you think?


 

5 comments:

  1. Joan all three of these are wonderful. Love your last one...so lovely. Yes a bit of color would be nice on your street scene - although it looks good as is. So nice you are sharing these with the troops. God Bless - Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I'm sure they appreciate anything that they get from home. I know that they are sent so they arrive around Christmas. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Color is nice, but I also like the line drawings... there's something elegant and refined about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, thank you. I like them both with and w/o color. They just seem to lack something when they are in a pack with the watercolors.

      Delete
  3. You know me, I’m sort of partial to black and white for sketches. I like color for paintings. Hmmmm. Maybe it is how you feel about each one. I’m smiling.

    ReplyDelete