Monday, October 31, 2022

Inktober 2022 - Day 31 - Lakeview Cemetery

 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Today is the final day of Inktober 2022. I went to do my Inktober sketch at the Lakeview Cemetery in Patchogue. It is an old, historic cemetery where I've sketched a few times. I walked over to the area that looked like it had some old headstones. I know a clean-up campaign has been going on there so some of the older headstones seem a lot cleaner than I remember them to be. I started out just sketching in my grey toned Strathmore sketchbook using Noodler's Lexington Grey ink with my Lamy pen. I used some white colored pencil to lighten the headstones in some areas. The scene still needed more to differentiate the items in the scene, so I pulled out my gouache since I know that should cover better than watercolors. That helped and I am pretty happy with the result.



5 comments:

  1. Great sketch and congrats for finishing another year of Inktober! Seattle has a Lakeview Cemetery, too... Bruce Lee is buried there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't think we have anyone famous buried in this cemetery.

      Delete
  2. What a great finish to Inktober. Perfect spot for a Halloween scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I try to get one done at a cemetery for October.

      Delete
  3. Perfect sketch for the day. Congrats on a great finish for Inktober.

    ReplyDelete