Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Inktober 2022 - Day 17 - Bayard Cutting Arboretum

Today is my plein air group's morning to paint. We headed over to the Bayard Cutting Arboretum's dahlia garden to paint. I am once again joining my friend Mary Jo Ernst who is collecting 4 x 6 pieces of art to send to the troops for the holidays. I've done this before but I didn't find out early enough to do too many cards. So far I have about 10 of them done and have to send them to her by the middle of next week. So instead of doing a 8 x 10 painting I did several 4 x 6 pieces. This is a view of one of the arbors and the dahlias.


Then I moved over to the area where the birdhouses are and did a 4 x 6 of that area.


At 12:30 a group of us headed over to the Hidden Oak Cafe at the manor house for lunch 
(which is always very good). I needed to get my Inktober sketch done so I headed back to the dahlia garden and used my fude pen to sketch the birdhouse area.








 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and a lovely project. Fun that you sketch so much and have something great to do with some of them.

    ReplyDelete