Sunday, January 4, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 4 - Crab Meadow SOLD

This is my Day 4 painting for Leslie Saeta's "30 Paintings in 30 Days. Here is a link to the page where all the paintings by the participating artists are being displayed. http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com This was painted from a photo I took up at Crab Meadow in Northport, NY. I like the way this came out and am even thinking about doing it larger. This is 5 x 7.

Crab Meadow by Joan Tavolott SOLD

Yesterday I was out driving and found this bakery in Islip...it called me to paint it.
I only visited the outside and didn't get any closer than sitting in my car. lol I was afraid that if I saw or smelled the treats I would want something.

Manhattan Sweets by Joan Tavolott

7 comments:

  1. Crab Meadow is beautiful! Definitely do it larger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure what to like more - this wonderful sky-with-coast-image or your sketches. Both are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both winners, glad to see you are part of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Mickey, Alex, and Helen!! The challenge is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are NICE!
    The colors in the 1st one are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crab Meadow calls to me. Wonderful.

    That bakery looks lethal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This bakery looks soooo enticing. Lovely and bright and carefree. Calls one to keep looking at it. Not sure if I could have been so strong willed though.

    ReplyDelete