Wednesday, January 14, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 14 - Golden Glimmer

Next up is my painting for day 14 of the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge with Leslie Saeta.
If you want to see some of the other paintings done for the challenge here is the link.

Don't forget to vote too. http://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.com

This is a bit of a different palette for me, but I like monochromatic paintings. This was done from one of my many photos taken in Myrtle Beach. The painting is 5 x 7.


Today the South Bay Art Association's Sketch Group met. Liz posed for us today. I had time for a 6 x 8 painting and then a quick sketch of her.



9 comments:

  1. Dear Joan - I love your colors for the sea and sunset. Just beautiful. Haven't had time to read all your posts but hope to catch up soon. Enjoy your challenge - I know you are certainly up to it my friend. Have a great day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the colours in your monochromatic one above...and so enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in the monochromatic, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Debbie. Glad you had a little time to stop by.

    Maggie, thanks so much!

    Joan - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sea! Nice sky too but I truly admire the sea, not an easy thing to get right and you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mood this painting creates. I wish I was there to see the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Helen. I was really happy with it.

    Jiyoung Kim, thanks and thank you for coming to look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your painting is beautiful! I absolutely love portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting that I like the sketch better. I like to leave things to the imagination.

    ReplyDelete