Tuesday, January 6, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 6 - Lighthouse Blues

This painting was done for Leslie Saeta's, 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.
This was done from a photo I had taken of my favorite lighthouse in Maine, the Pemaquid Lighthouse. I try to go for a visit whenever I'm up there, and missed it this past trip after Christmas. I just have to visit this way instead. 

Pemaquid Blues by Joan Tavolott

Here are the portraits I did when the NYC Urban Sketchers met on Saturday.

Jim by Joan Tavolott
 These last two were done in a very dim bar and I really couldn't tell how they looked. I didn't retouch either of them. I used pencil, watercolor pencil and regular watercolors on all of these.
Alyssa by Joan Tavolott

Mark by Joan Tavolott

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the lighthouse! All your work is wonderful, but this painting spoke to me. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky over the lighthouse is so inviting! Can you tell I'm missing summer? ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan, first off I want to wish you a very Happy New Year! I am happy to see you joining in on Leslie's challenge. The lighthouse painting is gorgeous, love the colors! You are off to an incredible start! I love your landscapes further down as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Wendy, for your kind words.

    Joan, thanks. Lighthouses are such fun to paint.

    Tina, thanks. I'm missing summer too. It was cold there!

    Celia, Happy New Year! I am having fun with the challenge so far.

    ReplyDelete