Thursday, June 13, 2013

Lake View

Two weekends ago I planned on going to see a friend at a street art show in Babylon, but I never found the show location. lol I didn't want to waste the day so I rode around until I found something interesting to sketch. I'm not sure if I was in Islip or Bay Shore but I caught sight of this lake. Of course here on Long Island you usually find a view and then all you see are "no parking" signs. There were signs around the lake itself but not on the side roads so I was able to park.

5 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous setting and wouldn't that be a fabulous place to be able to read a book and maybe have a picnic for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Joan and so serene. You are not only talented in art but in finding just the right location to sketch and paint. Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lorraine, Sherry, and Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wherever this place is ...its beautiful and glad you found it.
    I would love to be there right now!!

    ReplyDelete