Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Snow!!!

I'm usually a few days behind in my posting, but I'm going to go out of order and post today's work. We had snow that started last night. It looked beautiful last night because the snow was sticking to everything.



Supposedly we had about 2 inches of snow in this area, but this morning it was already compressed because it had started to drizzle lightly. 


By 7:30 this morning I had the blinds open and I was sitting by the living room window painting. I knew that if I waited until I went out later most of the snow would be off the trees and the bushes. So I squeezed myself between the side of my end table and the arm of the couch and painted the view out the living room window. This was done in my Strathmore Toned Tan Sketchbook with watercolors and some white gouache.


I did go out around 11:00 and sketched by the woods down the street. The snow on most of the trees was gone by that time, but there was still snow on the ground. It was drizzling but I had a view out the side window of my mobile studio.


Now that I'm done with my sketches of the storm I hope the rain finished washing the snow and slush away and that it is warm enough overnight that nothing freezes.







 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Your sketches are so lovely, too. Out the window really pops and the car view is nice with the warm touches. Applause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Jo. We only have little bits of the snow left, so I'm really glad I got to do two sketches yesterday.

      Delete