Thursday, February 9, 2023

Cool Beans

Last Friday was a very cold day here in NY. I knew if I went out I would have to find an indoor location to sketch. There are a few fairly new coffee places that have opened. Although Cool Beans in West Sayville has been opened about 2 years, I hadn't stopped there yet. This was my chance! Patrick, the owner was very friendly and outgoing...charming the customers who came in. Unfortunately Cool Beans doesn't have a great location and really has very little foot traffic because it is outside the main shopping area of Sayville. It is next to the post office but that apparently doesn't bring in much business. It is a shame because the coffee was good and it was a fun place to sketch. A newer coffee shop just opened in Sayville where a Starbucks used to be, and Starbucks is opening a drive-thru location in Sayville instead. That doesn't bode well for Cool Beans. 

Before I left I showed Patrick the sketch and he couldn't believe I did it while I was sitting there. He was so happy and bought it from me. I wish him luck and I will have to stop by again...maybe I will sketch the other end of the counter. lol





No comments:

Post a Comment