Saturday, February 18, 2023

Animal Sketches

 I recently headed over to the Suffolk County Farm in Yaphank. It was a fairly nice day and I figured it would be a good day to be outdoors sketching some animals.

The rabbit kept hopping away or turning around and hiding, but I did get a sketch. The pig stayed pretty still lolling about in the mud.


The goats are always very curious and come over to the fence to check things out. It has been years since I've been able to sketch the cows there close up. They kept having them out in the farthest part of the field so I couldn't see them. This time there were a group of them in the feeding area near the trough. Buttercup hung around where I could sketch her.



4 comments:

  1. These are great, Joan! I remember you said you haven't been to the zoo in years, but this farm looks like a great place to sketch animals... and they look like they are closeup compared to most zoos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. It is a good place to sketch animals. Most of the time I sketch the birds because they are in a small encosure.

      Delete
  2. These are wonderful. What a great place to sketch. Buttercup looks like she is in conversation with you. Concerned. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks. She was busy investigating what I was doing...and then she would turn her back on me. lol

      Delete