Saturday, August 24, 2019

Sunflowers 1

Last week my plein air group, PALS met at a sunflower field in East Moriches. We usually go there to paint every summer. Unfortunately it wasn't a very nice day. I no sooner got set up and it started to drizzle. I put up my painting umbrella for protection but it started raining harder. The water was dripping right off the umbrella and onto my palette, which I had to keep turning over to drain the water out of it. The umbrella did keep the painting out of the rain. I worked on this for a while but it got too hard to continue since the watercolors weren't drying at all. I'm not sure if I will add anything to this or leave it as it is. What do you think?




7 comments:

  1. I'd say leave it as it is. There's a story behind it you can tell. Besides, you can easily make a new one with all what's needed to right this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful as is, Joan. I love these sunflowers...you wouldn't know that it was raining … wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Luckily I didn't get any marks from the rain on my paper. Thanks, Hilda.

      Delete
  3. I think leave it - it is a very interesting effect and if you can explain the process in the title the story makes it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thank you. Plein air definitely comes with some challenges. lol

      Delete
  4. Beautiful and you have the story to go with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete