Friday, August 16, 2019

Paris Art

Although I wasn't in Paris for too many days I had some museums that I wanted to visit. I set aside  a day to visit museums stopping at the Musee d'Orsay first. I love the Degas statue of the little dancer and sketched that in pencil.


My favorite area was the Impressionists. It was still early and I was able to capture one lone visitor with some of the artwork.


The clock on the interior of the d'Orsay is one of my favorite parts of the structure of the museum. They renovated it since I was there and the clock isn't quite as prominent in the cafe.


There was a wonderful special exhibit of the work of Berthe Morisot. She is a founding figure of the Impressionist group and was considered to be one of the most technically daring artist in the movement. Probably due to the fact that she was a woman her work was shown much less frequently than than her fellow artists of the time and she was not nearly as famous as the others. Much of the work on display was figures in landscapes or settings and was beautiful. 


Next I headed to the Orangerie which displays Monet's waterlilies as he wanted them shown...in the round. It is a very moving experience to see them. I can't figure out how to show a video so I can't show them to you. 

I made a visit to the Sennelier store...I just had to and bought a few pens and some paper.



On my way to the Orangerie I passed the Louve. I sketched it but didn't go in.  I used one one of the new pens I bought at the Sennelier store.











4 comments:

  1. It is amazing what you can do with paint and a tiny brush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that pink is great! Thank you for sharing your tour of the art through your sketches and your photos.

    ReplyDelete