Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Montmartre Visit

For my last day in Paris I wanted to visit Montmartre which is on a hill overlooking Paris. My friend, Lois from NYC and a new friend, Yukie who is a sketcher from the USK Paris group joined us. We sketched the Sacre Coeur Basilica.  I left room on the page for some lettering. The fence there is filled with padlocks placed by sweethearts so I sketched those too.





Next we stopped for lunch and sketched the view across from us. At that point it started raining. I am glad we came somewhat prepared for that.


We stopped at the Monmatre Museum which had nice umbrellas over tables in the garden. We were sketching for a while when it really started to pour. We huddled close under the umbrella but things were still getting wet. You can see some rain spots on my painting which isn’t quite finished. My backpack and purse ended up sitting in a large puddle of water. We packed up as quickly as we could and ran to the cafe to escape the rain.





5 comments:

  1. Wonderful sketches, Joan. You certainly are getting to sketch all over! Even rain doesn't stop you.. I'm not surprised!! lol Enjoy every moment..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Hilda. The rain doesn't stop me. lol

      Delete
  2. Super work Joan! Interesting colour on your paper - it makes the paintings look very warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, when I took photos in the hotel the lighting made the paper have a yellow tone. Due to the rain I couldn't take the photos outside. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. You are a super sketcher! Beautiful work in challenging circumstances.

    ReplyDelete