Friday, August 9, 2019

Cheese and More

I sketched this location of Cheese & More near Dam Square in Amsterdam. I just loved seeing all the cheese wheels lined up so perfectly. This was the back entrance to the shop. I did go in and sample the cheese...even brought some home.


Up near the Red Light District I found this corner just down from the ladies in their windows. The area is a little strange...well a lot strange. No photos of the ladies are allowed and I didn't sketch them either. lol


There was a very popular store there with interesting displays. I will leave it up to you if you want to take a closer look and see what they were selling. 


My favorite store there was the Amsterdam Duck store which sold ducks wearing all kinds of costumes. I did buy one of the artist ducks (second and third rows down, 3rd from the right). 


6 comments:

  1. There were actually 2 rubber ducky shops! I almost bought a Darth Vader ducky but resisted because I knew my bags were already packed full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one of the shops has the artist duck. I wanted to buy a second one for someone and couldn't find the store that had it. lol

      Delete
  2. Your sketches bring your trip to life. Cheese sounds yummy. The ducks are so cute. Hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks so much! Both were hard to resist. lol

      Delete
  3. What a hoot for you - from cheese to painted ducks. I like both your sketches but the red light district one seems pretty tame - lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, it was tame. I didn't want to sketch something too sexy. There were guards/bouncers around some of the places.

      Delete