Saturday, August 31, 2019

Paint the Great South Bay - Part 7 - Quick Draw

"Paint the Great South Bay" had a quick draw event on Saturday which was the last day for painting. We were allowed to paint anywhere in the designated area but you could only start painting at 9 and had to have your painting framed and ready by noon.  

I decided to leave town and headed to Brookhaven to the Post Morrow Foundation. I paint pretty quickly so I was sure I could finish and drive back in the time allowed. There is a nice fountain there in the middle of an herb garden. The fountain has never been running when I've been there so maybe it isn't a fountain at all.




Then the paintings by the artists who were taking part in the quick draw were displayed in front of the Patchogue Theatre where the public was asked to vote on them.


My painting, "Post Morrow View" came in third in the voting. Each of the top 3 winners won 2 tickets to a show at the theatre.


6 comments:

  1. Congrats, Joan! Nice work! I think 3 hours seems like a pretty long time for a "quick" draw! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's what I thought too. lol It never takes me that long to do plein air.

      Delete
    2. Perhaps that was designed in case your first try wasn't coming together. But then again, you always have it buttoned down the minute you start. Congratulations!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Joan. Your piece certainly deserved to be in the top three as it was charming. I think the fountain should at least be a bird bath but with the dirt and flowers below too much water would make a mess. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Val. It is a pretty spot either way.

      Delete
  3. Wow, great work for a quick draw. It is a mind boggler for the end of a paint out. You must have been worn out. Nice choice for your painting, too. Always fun to "see" you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete