Sunday, June 30, 2019

30 x 30 Direct Watercolor & More


Today is the final day of my direct watercolor challenge. I headed down to Boothbay Harbor to do my last painting of the lobster traps and buoys at the lobster wharf there. It started to drizzle so I painted from the car. 
#direct watercolor2019 #30x30directwatercolor


Next I headed for lunch at the lobster place next door. I ordered and there was a big clap of thunder followed by more thunder. I grabbed my food and like everyone else fled inside. It poured for about 15 minutes and I left when it stopped. I drove over to Ocean Point and parked along the water to paint. It was still drizzling but I was able to see to paint. It is really a pretty spot.


I noticed some big, black clouds behind me and it stormed again. I stayed put until the storm passed and then headed home.










4 comments:

  1. You sure were stormchasing today! ;-) Congrats on finishing the 30x30! I enjoyed all your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I enjoyed doing the 30 x 30, but was tired of it by the end. Seems I missed a kicker of a storm at home too...hailstorm, black clouds and near tornado winds.

      Delete
  2. I have to say that your rocks just - well rock! Glad you managed to finish your direct painting challenge with so many super pieces - well done Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val thank you so much for coming along on all my journeys and commenting along the way. I appreciate it.

      Delete