Monday, June 10, 2019

30 x 30 Direct Watercolor - Day 9

I never got out to do a sketch yesterday. I got up late and then went to an art reception for a little while. The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing. By the time evening came I didn't have anything around that was inspiring to paint. So I went out today and did a direct watercolor for yesterday down along the water in Mastic Beach. You can see by the sky that today was an overcast day. Right now it is raining and I hope it gets over and done with it.
#directwatercolor2019 #30x30directwatercolor


6 comments:

  1. You captured that rainy mood feeling in this sketch. The grass and weed color rendering are terrific. I like that you left a small clearing for an expansive view of the bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Mel. It was threatening down there.

      Delete
  2. A charming little sketch Joan. I you could send the rain our way that would be great as BC and Alberta are already having fires and it is early in the season. We haven't had enough snow or rain to wet down the forests - sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is amazing that there are areas that have so much rain they can't handle it and then areas that need rain so badly.

      Delete