Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sayville Americana and Direct Watercolor

Yesterday I went out in the morning to find a location to sketch. I headed to Sayville where I saw this cute house with the American flag, lots of flowers and a stone fence. For some reason the building came out with a very soft look to it and I'm not sure why. It wasn't done on regular paper. I used a Moleskein sketchbook instead, but I've used it before so who knows.

The man in the house next door had noticed me sitting in my car and came over and asked if I was painting and if he could take a look. I showed him the painting and he asked if I could wait a few minutes while he got his son to come out and look at it. His son had just won his 8th grade art award. They asked all kinds of questions about the supplies. His dad was interested in getting him some art materials. It was nice to see a young man interested in art.


Yesterday was also the start of the June challenge of 30 x 30 Direct Watercolors. I debated if I was going to do it this year and figured I should give it a shot. I know it will be a busy month but I did this tiny one yesterday. #30x30directwatercolor #directwatercolor2019

 


6 comments:

  1. You are always busy and as a watercolorist, the challenge is perfect for you! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. It does help to practice doing the watercolors directly.

      Delete
  2. These are both very nice. Good for you for taking on another challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely paintings Joan. It is so nice to see the parent so invested in the son's art interests and nice of you to take the time to help them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. I like helping anyone who asks about materials, especially parents.

      Delete