Wednesday, June 12, 2019

30 x 30 Direct Watercolor - Day 12 - Train Trestle & Still Life

Today for my Day 12 Direct Watercolor I did a street scene along South Country Road in Brookhaven. The owner of the house that was to my immediate right came over to ask if he could help me. I explained that I was painting the scene and he said, "Oh, OK. I just was wondering why someone was sitting in front of my house."
#directwatercolor2019 #30x30directwatercolor


Last night one of my art groups had their meeting. They have been having trouble finding models so they are doing still life setups instead. I thought this one was pretty interesting.





6 comments:

  1. Great story about the sketch in front of the house! It also a great composition. And still lives are so much more cooperative than models, aren't they. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tina. No pears left the table during this session. lol

      Delete
  2. The landscape is pretty and inviting. The still life is super fine. Love the checkered towel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both wonderful Joan but the still life just takes my breath away - a direct painting? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. The landscape was a direct watercolor but not the still life.

      Delete