Friday, June 14, 2019

30 x 30 Direct Watercolor - Day 14 and Ink Sketches

Today in the USA we are celebrating Flag Day, so I couldn't think of anything better than finding a scene with an American flag. This was down by one of the marinas.
#30x30directwatercolor #directwatercolor2019


Yesterday in addition to sketching at the Metropolitan Museum I did a few ink sketches. This one was done at the Variety coffee shop a few blocks from the museum. We were a bit early and since it was raining we ducked into this spot rather than stand out in the rain.


On the trip home we got to Penn Station about 40 minutes before our train so we sat down in the waiting room. I was tired but finally decided to sketch and pulled out my materials. I got so involved in the sketch that Susan had to nudge me and let me know that our train was boarding...so this time I had to leave before the sketch was finished. lol



8 comments:

  1. Very nice pockets of whites on the greenery. You have a nice flag there! I know how easily sketching can get you lost in time. I once missed my train home that way, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Nearly missing the train was a first for me. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Lovely sketch you found at the marina! I actually went out looking for a flag to sketch too, but I guess the neighborhoods I was driving through weren't very patriotic -- I never saw one. You had to leave a sketch unfinished?? HA! After all the times people have left before you were done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the houses in the small towns around here have flags so they are easy to find. LOL I thought it was funny that I had to leave.

      Delete
  3. MiataGrrl said " You had to leave a sketch unfinished?? HA! After all the times people have left before you were done!” Made me laugh. Great flag and sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Tina sketches people a lot so she knows how often the model leaves. The artist leaving was something new. lol

      Delete
  4. Nice work Joan - I like the flag one best - super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. I like the way that one came out.

      Delete