Monday, July 1, 2019

On the Ferry

30 x 30 is finally over and I can get back to using ink more often. I will still try to do some painting directly in watercolors. Our Maine trip came to an end today. We left Maine around 9:00 AM, stopped for lunch in Kittery, and reached the New London ferry dock early enough to catch the 4:00 ferry back to Orient Point which then is about 1 1/2 hrs from home. This was the emptiest ferry we have ever been on. Usually the cars are packed onboard, but there was lots of space today.

We headed upstairs but there were very few people around. I headed into the bar area and sure enough there was a couple seated at the bar. I figured they weren't going anywhere for a while and I was right. They were there for the entire sketch.


6 comments:

  1. that was a LONG day, Joan. It sounds exhausting yet wonderful. The sketch is really nice... beautiful figure work....with perfect details....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan you do such great sketches capturing people in daily activities. Your perspective with even the bar stools is superb. Hope you are resting up from your vacation. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I don't have time to rest. lol I was out with my plein air group today and am helping to run a big art show on the 4th of July that we are getting ready for.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful sketch Joan. It sounds like it was a long trip home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. The ferry makes it more enjoyable because we are not riding in the car for that hour and a half. I sketch or walk around.

      Delete