Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wildflowers Revisited

My plein air group was scheduled to paint at the wildflower fields at the Avalon Preserve again yesterday. However the rain sort of put a damper on that idea. lol So I decided to head over there today. I invited a few other artists, but ended up there alone which was fine. Last week before we left I saw this barn and knew I wanted to paint the field of wildflowers with the barn in the background. 
This is 8 x 10.


Here is the actual view with the painting in front of it.



7 comments:

  1. Well I would have come - I just love painting wildflowers, mind you would have taken me 24 hours to get there LOL. love your yellow flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous, Joan!! I love that second photo showing the view as you saw it next to your painting. What are you painting on? It looks almost corrugated in texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine - Thanks. I would have waited for you. lol

    Tina - Thanks so much.

    Sherry - Thanks. I have these corrugated plastic boards that I cut up into pieces to tape my paper onto. They are light enough that I can carry them anywhere. I did this on an easel so I also had to bring a piece of gator board to rest this on because it is too small to fit on the easel. The flowers were so tall that I had to stand to paint them and see over them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene, Joan! The flowers completes this painting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan - this is my kind of painting...just love it - I think you do such beautiful work right on the spot. Thanks for sharing friend - have a great day creating.

    ReplyDelete