Saturday, August 24, 2013

Farmers Market Sketches

On the Urban Sketchers flickr the weekly theme is fruit.
Where better to find fruit to sketch than the farmers market? So I headed over to the Sayville Farmers Market this morning. I wanted to do some close up sketches rather than doing the booths.

First I sketched the produce at Stan & Pat's booth.


Then I went over to "Fly In & Pig Out" run by Sweet Melissa, of Sweet Melissa's Dips and Catering in Rocky Point. She sells produce that she says is mostly Italian...I kept hearing about figs in her discussion with other shoppers. I guess I'll have to go back and try them. She had some interesting curling Italian Squash. There was cheddar cheese cauliflower too. The dips looked and sounded interesting...you could taste them if you wanted. Too bad my hands were so busy.
Melissa was very friendly and I will have to visit there again. 


My thanks to both vendors for allowing me to sketch their merchandise!

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Very colorful produce! Ahh, summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely!! I especially love the second piece with its wide variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me hungry, love the colorful washes in both sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a fun place to sketch. Thanks TIna, Sherry, Celia, and Carol.

    ReplyDelete