Monday, March 28, 2022

Ukraine Museum & Sketchbook Revival

 On Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers showed their support and concern to the people of Ukraine through "Sketch Ukraine." We were honored to have two young women from the Ukraine speak to us about what they have been going through. One is still presently in the country and the other has left to go to safety with her family. A woman from the Ukraine Museum in NYC also joined us. My thoughts and prayers are with the people suffering and fighting for their homeland.

I sketched the National Museum of Ukrainian Architecture located in Kyiv. Since this was done from a reference photo this cannot be considered an urban sketch.


I have watched a lot of the lessons for Sketchbook Revival but haven't had much time to do the sketch activities. I finally worked on this mixed media collage from the lesson "Messy Recipes" with Caylee Grey.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Joan. I admire that you are always learning and trying new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I haven't done much collage so I need some practice.

      Delete