Friday, March 25, 2022

Sewing Supplies and Sketchbook Revival

The Patchogue Sketch Club met at the library this week for the first time in a long time. Our theme was Sewing Stuff & Haberdashery. I brought along all sorts of sewing supplies. One of the members brought along a vintage Singer sewing machine. It was too far down the table for me to sketch it.


The lesson I worked on yesterday for Sketchbook Revival was Miriam Schulman's art affirmations. The lesson involved harmony using only two colors of watercolors. I used quinacridone gold and paynes grey.


 

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, love both of these. The sewing things remind me of Gene’s mom. She loved sewing and made a living at it for a few years. I liked to investigate her button jar. Decorative buttons were so popular back when….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I actually took a sewing class in college, and used to make a lot of my clothes. Then I discovered shopping. lol

      Delete