Saturday, March 12, 2022

Cafe du Monde

With all the people sketches to post I am behind a little. Last Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers did a virtual event for Mardi Gras and New Orleans. I thought back to when Jerry and I visited New Orleans (pre Katrina) and had such a wonderful time. We stayed in a quaint inn that didn't serve breakfast, so in the mornings I would throw on my clothes and run over to Cafe du Monde to pick up biegnets and coffee. I loved the biegnets so I decided to sketch Cafe du Monde as well as the tasty biegnets. Every time I look at this my mouth starts watering.


 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sketch. Maybe you can come to NO again and we can meet you there for coffee and beignets. That would be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan, Jo. Maybe if we do any traveling...

      Delete
  2. Your sketch brings back my own fond memories of beignets at Cafe du Monde! I remember getting powder sugar all over my clothes! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the fun part. lol Glad it brought back fun memories.

      Delete
  3. Such a wonderful and fun sketch that resonates with others who have experienced it in NO. Never been but now I'm intrigued to see this place!

    ReplyDelete