Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Beach Fence & Sketchbook Revival Begins

I needed to do some sketching for the creativespark.art scavenger hunt that I am posting. One of the items was a fence. I found this one down at a small beach park in Islip.


I sketched a bench for "outdoor seating" while I was there and a few birds for "something with feathers."



I am also taking part in Karen Abend's Sketchbook Revival. It is the 5th year she has organized this project and it goes on for 2 weeks with 2 lessons by different instructors each day. I don't always do each lesson and definitely don't keep up and do them on the days they are posted.

The first lesson was by Courtney Cerruti who had us start with one color of watercolor and then mix it with as many colors as we could. Once the colors were dry we were challenged to form something with each color. I didn't do the other two parts of her lesson - color wheels and blind contours with watercolor added.


The second lesson was with Carla Sondheim doing Stylized Zoom Portraits using mixed media.









 

6 comments:

  1. I'm doing Sketchbook Revival, too! I only got as far as making the colored boxes for the Zoom portraits, but I'll fill them with faces during the next ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly doing the lessons and may skip some of them. I didn't do all of them last time either.

      Delete
  2. I love your beach fence and bench. The Revival sketches are clever and well done. Woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan I have missed reading your posts. You have so many great sketches. Wonderful job on the truck...wheels are so hard...did a drawing some time ago of hubby's motorcycle and the wheel was the toughest to do. Your bench, fence and birds make me think the weather is starting to feel like spring. Well take care friend and have a great end of the week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks so much. I hope you are enjoying your break. Some days feel like spring but some just feel like winter is lingering.

      Delete