Monday, August 30, 2021

Maritime Museum Grounds

 On Wednesday evening the Patchogue Sketch Club and some artists from Paint the Great South Bay met on the grounds of the Long Island Maritime Museum. It is a great place to sketch because the marsh views are always a little different. It was a hot night so I sat in the shade of one of the buildings which gave me a different foreground than I have when I usually sketch there. I sketched the boardwalk and pilings and the marsh first leaving the sky empty. I wanted to paint that when the sun was starting to set. There were some muted sunset colors and a bit of orange where the ball of the sun was as I finished this.



3 comments:

  1. I like the sunset and sky colors you chose. It came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan this is so lovely. Your sky is just beautiful. Looks like a serene place to visit.

    ReplyDelete