Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Yosemite Accommodations

 On Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers visited Yosemite National Park virtually. As for previous virtual events our guides provided us with a website with access to photos and videos of Yosemite. I started thinking about my visit to Yosemite many, many years ago. My sister, Fran and her husband had moved out to California and my friend and I flew out to visit them. Fran wanted us to see some of the area and arranged for the three of us to visit Yosemite. We stayed in a tent somewhat like this one. None of us were exactly campers but the tents were on raised platforms and had beds. I also remember having to lock up anything that faintly resembled food in a special box to keep the bears away. I guess it worked because we didn't have any bears visit.



3 comments:

  1. Joan perfect sketch that must bring back happy memories of Yosemite and traveling with your friend and enjoying this national spot with your sister. Smiled thinking about locking up the box so the bears didn't steal your food. Hope you have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. We had a really fun time there. I've wanted to go back but that hasn't happened.

      Delete
    2. Great sketch and story. Locking up food is important! In Angel Fire we had to lock up for raccoons as well, they are mean scavengers. Great memories!

      Delete