Sunday, August 22, 2021

Lavender

 I think one of the nicest fragrances is the smell of lavender. In the past I've sketched in a lavender field a few times with one of my art groups. Due to my surgery I missed the lavender when it was in bloom. For a recent Wet Canvas Scavenger Hunt we had to sketch something that smelled wonderful. I have a bunch of lavender that I bought at the lavender field a few years ago. The fragrance is no longer very strong but if you are close to it or more the sprigs a little you can still smell it and it makes me feel good.


For those of you who are curious, Hurricane Henri didn't hit us directly. The storm wasn't as bad as they predicted...just a lot of rain but so far no really strong winds. Apparently it made landfall in Rhode Island but is supposed to swirl back this way.  


11 comments:

  1. I love lavender, too! Relieved to hear that Henri didn't do any damage! Hope it stays away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I think it has died down and moved on.

      Delete
  2. Okay it worked. Love the lavender bunch and clouds. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanie. Seems like I do a lot of small things lately. I haven't done anything larger in a while.

      Delete
  3. The lavender looks good enough to smell from here. Happy Henri wasn’t too bad in your area. Whew….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Like everywhere they get you all worried about something that is so unlike what they predicted....until it is worse as you know. Gotta be ready no matter what.

      Delete
  4. This is a lovely sketch Joan. I like the way you managed the multi-colours in the flowers. I thought of you when I heard the news report of the hurricane - glad to know you got through it ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. We lucked out on Long Island and the weather wasn't too bad. We didn't have much flooding either. Will have to go down and see what the beach erosion was like.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful sketch! With tropical storm Henri, glad to know it wasn't too bad in your area yesterday.

    ReplyDelete