Sunday, August 8, 2021

Garden Market

 Out in Mastic there is a garden center/market called La Corte's Farm Stand. I've sketched there several times and they usually have a collection of flowers or pumpkins later in the fall and some unusual sculptures or garden art outside...like the giraffe this time. It is always fun to see what they have on display. When I was finished with the sketch I went inside and bought some delicious tomatoes and corn...probably the best I've had so far this season. They also had lots of pies and cookies which smelled wonderful...but I resisted.



4 comments:

  1. This is so much fun to see. Love the colors, odd characters and all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colors as well Joan. I have never gone to this farm but would love to add to my list.
    My sister, who lives in Ridge came over with a peach pie from Briermere farms in Riverhead… unfortunately I couldn’t resist. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Hilda. I haven't been to Briermere Farm in a while. They make a delicious blueberry pie. Now my mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again you manage to include so many wonderful thing in your sketch. Fantastic job with the giraffe.

    ReplyDelete