Tuesday, August 24, 2021

American Indian Pow Wow

On Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers virtually sketched images for an American Indian Pow Wow. I have never attended a pow wow, but have thought about going a few times. We have a branch of the Shinnecock Indians who have a reservation east of where I live and each year around Labor Day they have a ceremonial pow wow there. Our event leaders from our group provided a website with links to images and videos of pow wows all over the United States. 


 

4 comments:

  1. Jennie and I went to the Pow Wow in Austin for several years in a row and to one in Albuquerque which was really good. I love the food, art, music and dancing. They respect and love the USA, their elders, soldiers, women and children. A beautiful family event. Your flute player is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jo. I'm glad you enjoyed going!!

      Delete
  2. Nice work. I've never attended a pow wow either but it should be a very interesting event to sketch, in like two weeks from now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably would be fun to sketch. I'll have to see if there are any local ones coming up.

      Delete