Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Digitals

 I haven't done a digital sketch in a long time. The ones I did previously were done with Art Rage on my iPad and since I didn't do them regularly I didn't make a lot of progress. The other day it was rainy and a perfect day to go for a pedicure. I had my phone with me and was going to read the book I had downloaded on it but once I got into the pedicure chair I decided to do a sketch. I quickly downloaded Art Rage to the phone. I had no stylus so I was sketching with my finger. The screen on my phone is small and my finger blocked most of my view but at least the figure was recognizable...


so I did another one. I couldn't figure out how to enlarge sections and then make them the correct size again and couldn't figure out how to do layers and move them. I guess I will have to practice if I want to do this again. The nail technician didn't come out too bad, but with that misshapen foot I may need to see the podiatrist. lol




4 comments:

  1. These sketches are great. On my iPhone I just spread two fingers or thumb and finger to zoom in. That is the way I sketch details. The digi sketches take longer to do for me, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jo. I seem to be able to zoom in but then can't zoom out. lol Yes, right now these take longer than the regular sketches probably because I keep trying to correct them. I need more practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These came out great! I know, it's hard to do such a sketch on a small screen. I've yet to bridge that divide myself between analog and digital. I suppose you need to invest a lot of time with a digital app to get its full benefit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. Finding the time to invest in learning the digital app is the problem. I do it so rarely I don't remember anything from one time to the next.lol

      Delete